Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux
Information sur le ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux
Health and Social Services System in Brief
The Québec health and social services system is based on two levels of management and an integrated model of health and social services.
For more information, consult the following sections :
- Main Roles
- The Ministère and its Partners
- Territorial and local service networks
- Service and Support Programs
[D] Click on the picture to expand.
** The following seven non-amalgamated institutions are attached to the Ministère and provide specialized and highly specialized services beyond their health region border: CHU de Québec - Université Laval; Institut universitaire de cardiologie et de pneumologie de Québec - Université Laval; Centre hospitalier de l'Université de Montréal; McGill University Health Centre; Centre hospitalier universitaire Sainte-Justine; Montreal Heart Institute; Institut national de psychiatrie légale Philippe-Pinel .
In addition, five public institutions, not covered by the Act to Modify the Organization and Governance of the Health and Social Services Network, in Particular by Abolishing the Regional Agencies (CQLR, c. O-7.2), offer services to a northern and aboriginal population. They are not shown in the above illustration.
- CHSLD : residential and long-term care centre
- CISSS : integrated health and social services centre
- CIUSSS : integrated university health and social services centre
- "Act": An Act to Modify the Organization and Governance of the Health and Social Services Network, in Particular by Abolishing the Regional Agencies
- RI et RTF : intermediate and family-type resource
- RPA : private residence for seniors
Last update: March 15, 2019