Recrutement Santé Québec
For physicians who earned their degrees outside Canada and the United States
|Québec, des régions pleines de vie! On recrute pour la santé|
Recrutement Santé Québec (RSQ) is a department of the Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux du Québec, targeting physicians who earned their degrees outside Canada and the United States and who wish to practise medicine in Québec.
Physicians who earned their degrees outside Canada and the United States and who wish to come and practise medicine in Québec may apply for a “restrictive permit” to practise medicine in Québec. They can also be recruited as professors, but such recruitment is carried out directly by Québec faculties of medicine.
Under current rules, doctors with a degree from outside Canada or the United States can practice medicine in Quebec by obtaining a restrictive permit. Candidates must fulfil a medical staffing need identified by the MSSS and show, to the satisfaction of the Collège des médecins du Québec (CMQ), that they have the qualifications required to practice medicine in Quebec. They will have to answer the criteria of the CMQ and provide the proof that they exerted with competence the discipline aimed by the restrictive licence for 12 months consecutive during 2 last years. The College has discretionary power over the issuance of permits to practice medicine in Quebec. Restrictive permits must be renewed each year and allow holders to practice at the institution for which they were issued.
To obtain a restrictive licence, your professional profile will have to answer the criteria of the CMQ, you will have to succeed the examinations and training course of three months in an establishment approved by the CMQ. A restrictive licence is renewable each year and makes it possible to its holder to exert in an establishment for which the licence was delivered.
Note that the university areas, such Montreal, Quebec and Estrie, are excluded from the process of recruitment. It is thus towards the areas insufficiently served in the plan of the medical manpower and considered to be priority by the MSSS that the possible candidates with the restrictive licence will be referred.
The following main steps must be successfully completed, in the order given below, by candidates who have a degree from outside Canada or the United States and who wish to obtain a restrictive permit:
- Register with Recrutement Santé Québec .
- Obtain the sponsorship of an institution.
- File an application for a restrictive permit with the Collège des médecins du Québec (CMQ) .
- Pass the exams required by the CMQ :
- Medical Council of Canada Evaluating Examination (MCCEE);
- examination relative to a working knowledge of the French language (Office québécois de la langue française).
- Undergo the evaluation period required by the CMQ (obtain a Quebec certificate of acceptance or a temporary work permit for the evaluation period).
- Take advantage of arrival and resettlement assistance (obtain a Quebec certificate of acceptance or a temporary work permit for employment).
Recrutement Santé Québec
Direction de la main-d’œuvre médicale
Ministère de la Santé et des Services Sociaux
1075, chemin Ste-Foy, 8e étage
Québec (Québec) G1S 2M1
- Fax: 1 (418) 266-6978
- E-mail: RSQ.email@example.com
E-mail is the preferred way of communication of RSQ.