The flu is a respiratory infection that is spread easily. It is caused by the influenza virus. Getting vaccinated is the best way of protecting yourself against flu and resulting complications. Get vaccinated!
For all the information about flu, including hygiene and prevention measures, consult the following pages from the Portail santé mieux-être :
- Flu (description, symptoms, when to seek for medical help, treatment, etc.)
- Differences between Flu and Cold
About Flu Vaccine
- Flu Vaccine (Description of vaccine, vaccine safety, effectiveness of vaccine, side effects)
- Flu Vaccination Program (people eligible for the free component, where to get vaccinated, etc.)
About Hygiene and Prevention Measures
- Preventing Transmission of Viruses and Bacteria
- Coughing and Sneezing Without Contaminating
- Washing Hands
If you have flu symptoms, please follow the link below to consult the decision chart , which will help you take care of yourself. If you seek for medical help, refer to the Répertoire des ressources (in french only) or call Info-Santé 8-1-1.
The flu vaccine available in November
The 2015-2016 injectable flu vaccine offered contains the following three strains :
- A/California/7/2009 (H1N1)
- A/Switzerland/9715293/2013 (H3N2)
- B/Brisbane/60/2008 (in the quadrivalent injectable vaccine only)
The intranasal flu vaccine contains the 4 strains listed above.
For more information, see the page Flu Vaccine from the Portail santé mieux-être website .